Urgent: getting "Rolling back action" while installing Teradata Express Edition 12.0

Database

Urgent: getting "Rolling back action" while installing Teradata Express Edition 12.0

Hi there,

I downloaded Teradata Express Edition 12.0 from Teradata site.
I installed BYNET driver then while installing Teradata Database it's behaving the following way

After "Copying files" step, after "Registering product" step, after some "Publishing........" step then
it's saying "Rolling back action" step and the status bar is moving in reverse direction. At the end it's saying
"....... installation interrupted. ......" and finsihing.

I created the log file by running the following command

msiexec /i "c:\TDE120\Tnt120\Teradata Database Express 12.0.msi" /l*v c:\kiran2.log

Some part of the log file is
==============================
InstallShield: Skipping optional support file _isuser1033.dll
InstallShield: Setting script cmdline...
InstallShield: ProductCode is {4FDC6BD7-CB99-4DA8-B4AE-DECFF4764150}
InstallShield: Initializing Engine
InstallShield: Done Initializing...
InstallShield: Registering Msi Server...
InstallShield: Invoking script function RunInsPDE
InstallShield: CallScriptFunctionFromMsiCA() ends
Action ended 17:57:34: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
MSI (s) (58:D0) [17:57:34:234]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
MSI (s) (58:D0) [17:57:34:234]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
==============================

Please help me. I think this is related to some setup in my system.
I am using Win XP Professional with SP2
Physical Memory is more than 1GB, I am using 256MB database size.
I am having 1GB ram

Thanks
5 REPLIES

Re: Urgent: getting "Rolling back action" while installing Teradata Express Edition 12.0

Hi All,

I'm hitting exactly the same issue. I'm trying it in a clean install of XP-SP2 under VirtualBox.

Tom
N/A

Re: Urgent: getting "Rolling back action" while installing Teradata Express Edition 12.0

1) Uninstalling all the Teradata versions
2) Clearing the Teradata registry entries
3) Restarting the windows

Then the fresh install may go smooth.

I am running into the same issue with installing Teradata Express on Windows Server 2003 SP2. I was able to successfully install the database on an XP machine. Has any one had resolution of this installation problem.

Janos
N/A

We ran into the same installation rollback issue when installing Express onto a Windows 2003 SP2 machine. Our solution was to install everything else, and then install the database last. Running the other installs first apparently cleared whatever fuzzy bits were preventing the database install from running.
Enthusiast

Just skip only this step( Installing the Teradata Database) and first install the others in the given order.Install the demo database part only in the end. it worked for me when I tried like this.

Soujanya Kota