VARCHAR or CHAR columns not appearing in answersheet

Database

VARCHAR or CHAR columns not appearing in answersheet

whenever i run any query in terdadata, i am getting blank result in columns having VARCHAR or CHAR data type. using windows 7.  please help if anyone have idea. not able to understand why CHAR values are not showing in the answersheet result?

2nd issue: when i generate query from any table under view database explorer, double quotes are coming with column names. want to remove all the double quotes so that i can run the query directly after generating?

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES

Re: VARCHAR or CHAR columns not appearing in answersheet

I am also getting similer problem while executing any sql query.

VARCHAR and CHAR values are not appearing in answersheet. Please help.

Thanks.

Teradata Employee

Post additional information; for example the Teradata Database version, the name of the Tool and the version, the name of the driver and version. For example Teradata Database 14.10.0.1, Terdata SQL Assistant version 14.11 and the .NET Data Provider version 15.0.

Thanks for asking detailes.

Database: Informix 11.50.0

Tool: Teradata SQL Assistant 14.01.

ODBC Driver: IBM Informix ODBC Driver (32 bit) 3.50.00.14586

Thanks,

I am also facing the same problem. We are using Teradata 14.01 one running in windows XP and other in windows 2007.  In windows XP environmnet we are able to see the data on columns which are defined as VARChar but in windows 2007 it dispaly as a blank character.  Do we need to do special configuration for windows 2007?

hi krajkumar,

I am also facing this problem. Has anybody resolved it? how can it be resolved. I am alos using Win 7 and Teradata 14.01. Please advice

How the issue resolve. Please post the answer.