Where does the CHECKSUM metadata value for a table get stored in DBC Teradata catalog tables

Database
N/A

Where does the CHECKSUM metadata value for a table get stored in DBC Teradata catalog tables

Hi,

Am looking to find out where does the Checksum metadata values of the datable got stored.

Here when I run a query

CREATE TABLE "ravi"."Table1", FALLBACK , SINGLE BEFORE JOURNAL , CHECKSUM = HIGH (

"Column1" CHARACTER(5),

"Column2" CHARACTER(5)

);

I can see the Journal options are store in the JournalFlag Column (http://www.info.teradata.com/HTMLPubs/DB_TTU_14_10/index.html#page/Database_Management/B035_1092_112...).

Which can be found using the query "select select JournalFlag from DBC.Tables where DatabaseName = 'ravi' and TableName = 'Table1' "

I there any such way to know the value of the Checksum for a given table from the Teradata catalog tables, or is there any store procedure of utility to find out the value of checksum ?

Thanks in advance !!

Tags (2)
1 REPLY
Junior Contributor

Re: Where does the CHECKSUM metadata value for a table get stored in DBC Teradata catalog tables

CHECKSUM can't be found in any system table, it's only in the table header (similar to BLOCKSIZE).

The only way to get this info using SQL is a SHOW TABLE, otherwise only a low-level command line utility should be able to extract this info. Probably FILER, but this is mainly for TD support...