Why I do not see all the databases in Teradata Studio

Database
Enthusiast

Why I do not see all the databases in Teradata Studio

I am using Teradata Studio 14.0 on Windows 7.  In database source explorer I do not see all the databases which I have access to, why? In SQL Editor  I can netr query like:

select * from scdb1_v.myview

and see the resuts

But I do not see scdb1_v in data  source explorer when I connect . Is  there any option  to see all the databases whose objects I can access.

I am new bie to Teradata, have lots of database experience with Oracle.

Thanks.

21 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Why I do not see all the databases in Teradata Studio

Hi,

it seems that you connection is filtering out some schemas. You can right click on your connection -> go to Properties -> go to default schema filter section and make sure that disable filter check box is marked.

Please let me know if the issue is solved!

Khurram
Enthusiast

Thanks. but I do not see poperties like default schema... I am on Tredata Studio 14.0.4...

Since I am on windows platform, I also have Tredata SQL Assist.. There also I do not see all schemas. but it has a menu option  called Add  Database ... and then I can add databases.

In TRedata Studio, I  guess I will have to create new Database Connections for each schema...

Enthusiast

No, You do not have to create connection for each schema, But it is possible while making a connection you had specified some default schema, and then only that schema is visible in you database explorer tree. 

Have you tried right click on the Database connection visible in DB Explorer window?

Khurram
Enthusiast

My Authentication is LDAP

and I did not sepcify any database (.e. database is BLANK).

Enthusiast

So you are using JDBC with LDAP?

I have tried changing the authentication mechanism to LDAP, and it is much of the same. 

I think it might be the issue with user you are using, if you are on VM, can you try connecting using DBC?

Khurram
Enthusiast

Thanks a lot. What do you mean connecting using DBC. Do you mean do not use LDAP.

Enthusiast

I meant to login using DBC user. loging in using DBC will confirm either it is an issue with the connection or it is an access rights issue hiding other schemas.

Khurram
Enthusiast

I do not have access to DBC. There is something in TREDATA Studio which is different from SQL Assist. When one does LDAP authentication in Terdata Studio, it does not show all the databases I have access to, in SQL Assit it does. My company Tredata Studio, they only access to developers using LDAP, so I am unable to use Tredata Studio instead I have to settle for SQL Assist, tool I am not fond of.

Teradata Employee

Is the database you are looking for a child to another database? You can change the Data Source Explorer view to show all the databases in a flat view (not hierarchical) by changing a preference. Go to Window>Preferences>Teradata Datatools Preferences>Data Source Explorer Load Preferences and uncheck the 'Show Databases and Users in Hierarchical Display' option.