can change the perm of DBC?

Database

can change the perm of DBC?

Hi, I just used teradata, I just create a user under dbc and then create a new database unser the new created user, then I want to create ten thousand tables and views in my database, but I noticed the perm of the database can not set bigger than 2.8G, can I chang the perm of DBC.

if I create another root database, may be I can set the perm bigger, but I don't know how to do it, need you help.

if I  create so many tables, spool space and temp space should set as what is better for the creating.

3 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: can change the perm of DBC?

You probably use the 4 GB Teradata Express version. Express doesn't allow to change the assigned perm space, so you better download the 40GB or 1TB version.

Dieter

Enthusiast

Dieter & friends,

I have another question. I installed the 40 GB VM version of TD 14. I want to restore my existing DBC (~ 35GB) onto this VM. Is that going to be a problem?

Also, how do we increase the space of DBC in VM?

When I am trying to increase the PERM space of DBC, I would write something as: "modify database dbc as perm=38000000000;". I get an error saying " The user does not have DROP USER access to database DBC."

Regards,

SK 

Enthusiast

We cannot change the perm of DBC.

Modify the sizes from the databases under DBC that are of no importance as per your judgement. (or)

Keep using GIVE, MODIFY DATABASE and UPDATE SPACE while checking the sizes in DBC.DATABASES. When you are at the immediate child level under DBC, you will notice that the DBC size is brought back. This can be done only on some databases.