connecting from teradata 13.10 to teradata 15 version database

Database

connecting from teradata 13.10 to teradata 15 version database

Hi All,

My client is planning to upgrade to Teradata 15.00 verison , but some the existing ETL tools are not supporting Terdata odbc/jdbc 15 , so we are planning to keep as it is , currently our ETL are  using 13.10 version clients , my question is can we connect to Terdata 15.00 data base from TD13.10 cleints , is tere any functionality issue.. Please advise.,. thank you very much.

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: connecting from teradata 13.10 to teradata 15 version database

You are asking about using TTU 13.10 client software to access Teradata Database 15.0. In our terminology, you are asking about "forward 3" compatibility.

I believe that the Teradata JDBC Driver is the only TTU product that supports "forward 3" (and "forward 4") compatibility with later Teradata Database releases. I do not believe that the ODBC Driver is supported in the configuration you are asking about.

Also, please keep in mind that TTU 13.10 is a very old release at this point, and support will end for TTU 13.10 when we ship the next major TTU release. You should really consider upgrading your ETL tools.

Thanks tonolan, we have plan to upgrade ETLs aswell, but it take us some more time , should we able to connect to Teradata Database 15.0 from TTU13.10.(  13.10 ODBC driver) ?

Teradata Employee

You can test that combination, but keep in mind, that if you encounter a problem while using an unsupported software combination, you would be asked to upgrade to a newer software version.