how to logon to bteq

Database
Enthusiast

how to logon to bteq

Hi Experts,

Just now installed the Teradata 13.0, and just clicked on Teradata BTEQ, I am unable to login into it.  Is there any default username/pwd to login to it (like scott/tiger in oracle).  Thanks for your answers.

13 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: how to logon to bteq

Also, I am unable to use the Teradata Adminstrator, it's throwing an error message as 

ODBC HY00: WSA E HostUnreach: The Teradata server can't currently be reached over.

Enthusiast

No there is no default user/password in Teradata. You need to get one from your DBA

There are two ways to logon;

1. Interactive mode where you can login using command prompt using .LOGON tdpid/userid and enter the password when asked.

2. Batch mode where you enter the details in a file and execute the file to logon - .LOGON tdpid/userid, password.

Enthusiast

Do you have the Teradata node entries / IP address in your host file?

Enthusiast

I don't think so, even I couldn't see the Teradata SQL assistant being installed, but while installing it showed that currently teradata sql assistant is being installed.  But i couldn't find it.

Junior Contributor

Hi Cheeli,

is this a Teradata Express demo version or a real system?

For the demo there should be a list of users/passwords in the help file, dbc/dbc might work then.

Dieter

Enthusiast

Try sqla on the run window. The SQL Assistant will open if its installed.

Enthusiast

Hi Experts,

Uninstalled the Teradata Express Edition 13.0, and installed, but still I can't find Teradata SQL Assistant in Programs>>Teradata Client 13.0>>Teradata SQL Assistant 13.0 as specified in the manual.  I have installed this 3rd time and yet the same issue recurring.

Tried custom install of Teradata SQL Assitant, not sure what is causing the issue. 

Hope someone can help me to cross through this hiccup.  FYI, I have Oracle express edition too installed.  I have not installed Teradata Warehouse Miner and Additional Software (They were installed in previous installation times, but no luck, hence not installed)

Enthusiast

Normally, you want to use:

.logon <ip_address or name>/dbc

pw is dbc if i remember it right, anyways 13.10 is a better version than 13.0, you have to make sure that the port 1025 is open if you have a firewall betwenn your vmware and host. you can always run the client from the vmware itself.

for the sqla installation, there are some prerequisites like tdgss tdicu tdodbc, refer to the sqla docu.

Normally to login into bteq I use .logon localtd/dbc,dbc;

You can try this once.