issue in fast load with algorithmic compression

Database
Enthusiast

issue in fast load with algorithmic compression

Hi Guys,

I am doing fast load to an empty table which has one column with algorithmic compression (ALC) using TransUnicodeToUTF8. Below is my table structure.

CREATE MULTISET TABLE SCPLN_W.SAMPLE1, NO FALLBACK

(

C1 VARCHAR(1) NOT NULL,

C2 VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL CHARACTER SET UNICODE COMPRESS USING TD_SYSFNLIB.TRANSUNICODETOUTF8 DECOMPRESS USING TD_SYSFNLIB.TRANSUTF8TOUNICODE

)

PRIMARY INDEX(C1)

;

I am loading from a .csv file using VATEXT "," in fastload. Every thing in file is Latin data.

Here is my data. Please see that the records are of various length, 10, 6 and 5 respectively.

1 SANTANUGHO

2 NILANJANAK

3 RUMPAR

5 NARAN

Only 3 records are loaded and they are truncated to length 5 and 3 (i.e. half of total). The other record "5        NARAN" went to _ET table with 9134 error code. 

1 SANTA

2 NILAN

3 RUM

But when I ran the data "1       SANTANUGHO" through SQL Assistant it loaded successfully without any truncation.

Is there any restriction on ALC in FastLoad or this is happening just in random?

Will anybody kindly reply the reason behind this.

Just to add, I tried running the fast load in ASCII and UTF8 character set from windows LAN attached client.

Thanking You

Santanu Ghosh

1 REPLY
Enthusiast

Re: issue in fast load with algorithmic compression

Hi All,

Anyone, any insight.

Just to add, it is VARTEXT "," and this time I tried with bteq also. It worked. I am not getting the picture behind fast load  and ALC column. Why such result is coming.

If anyone kindly reply then I shall be glad.

Thanks

Santanu