issue with WITH clause and throing eroor like WITH IS NOT ALLOWED IN A SUBQUERY OR A VIEW

Database
Enthusiast

issue with WITH clause and throing eroor like WITH IS NOT ALLOWED IN A SUBQUERY OR A VIEW

Hi 

am facing an issue with WITH clause and throing eroor like WITH IS NOT ALLOWED IN A SUBQUERY OR A VIEW

pls post syntax to use in BTEQ scrip?

how to use with clause on DBC.DISKSPACE . any help will be appreciated

INSERT INTO TD_DISK_USG

(

DATABASENAME

,CUR_DT

,PRMNT_SPC_ALCTD

,PRMNT_SPC_USD

,RMNG_SPC_GBS

,PRCNT_SPC_USD

,DSK_EFCNCY

)

SELECT

DATABASENAME

,CURRENT_DATE

,SUM(MAXPERM)    AS PRMNT_SPC_ALCTD

,SUM(CURRENTPERM) AS PRMNT_SPC_USD

,(SUM(MAXPERM) - SUM(CURRENTPERM))/(1024*1024*1024) AS RMNG_SPC_GBS

,SUM(CURRENTPERM)/SUM(MAXPERM)*100  AS PRCNT_SPC_USD

,(AVG(CURRENTPERM)/(.1+MAX(CURRENTPERM))*100) AS DSK_EFCNCY

FROM DBC.DISKSPACE

GROUP BY DATABASENAME

HAVING PRMNT_SPC_ALCTD > 0

WITH PRMNT_SPC_ALCTD,PRMNT_SPC_ALCTD,PRCNT_SPC_USD

ORDER BY PRCNT_SPC_USD

;

5 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: issue with WITH clause and throing eroor like WITH IS NOT ALLOWED IN A SUBQUERY OR A VIEW

Can with clause option be inserted? I think they are for reporting only. I am not sure, since the output can be variegated. Let us learn from others who may have done this.

Teradata Employee

Re: issue with WITH clause and throing eroor like WITH IS NOT ALLOWED IN A SUBQUERY OR A VIEW

What are you trying to accomplish with the WITH clause? The syntax above does not match any WITH syntax in Teradata SQL. 

Enthusiast

Thanks Raja. i'm trying to gather data about the Database and Table space utilization. i have modified the query since the above query is not working.i can see the same results when am running bothe select statments.

INSERT INTO V_TRDT_DSK_USG 

(

DATABASENAME

,CUR_DT

,PRMNT_SPC_ALCTD

,PRMNT_SPC_USD

,RMNG_SPC_GBS

,PRCNT_SPC_USD

,DSK_EFCNCY

)

SELECT

DATABASENAME     

,CURRENT_DATE                         

,SUM(MAXPERM)    AS PRMNT_SPC_ALCTD

,SUM(CURRENTPERM) AS PRMNT_SPC_USD 

,(SUM(MAXPERM) - SUM(CURRENTPERM))/(1024*1024*1024) AS RMNG_SPC_GBS

,SUM(CURRENTPERM)/SUM(MAXPERM)*100  AS PRCNT_SPC_USD    

,(AVG(CURRENTPERM)/(.1+MAX(CURRENTPERM))*100) AS DSK_EFCNCY          

FROM DBC.DISKSPACE                                        

GROUP BY DATABASENAME

HAVING PRMNT_SPC_ALCTD > 0

;

(am using ORDER BY in next step) 

if am using or not using WITH clause, returning same results. Can i go-ahead and use this query or will it make any data diff?

Enthusiast

As far as I see, it does not make a difference.

As for the calculations , I suggest to have a look at the recommendations in this link.

https://forums.teradata.com/forum/database/space-in-the-database

I am not able to understand why you have .1 +

Enthusiast

Thanks Raja. i have gone through the link and it is very usefull. this pseudo query is provided by businees as per their requirement. will update you once i get info