log file

Database
Enthusiast

log file

Hello,
I know that to connect to aTeradata server we use .logon box/dbc and Fast Export will automatically pick one of the available nodes from the pool of box1,box2, box3 etc etc. My question is if there is anyway that we can identify which node was assigned to our request from the pool of box1, box2 etc Nodes?

Thanks for your prompt reply,
Nishi
2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: log file

I think you meant to ask which PE services the session ? (because all the nodes have to take part in getting the tusker out of the pit ! )

There must be a much easier way to do this :-)

The DBC.SessionInfo will give you the information as to which PE is servicing the session. (Also available in DBQL if you have it enabled).

If you need to know which node the PE is running on, normally that's something available in vprocmanager. not sure if it's there in one of the DBC tables ...(resusage, if enabled)

An Oh yeah, I almost forgot, there's the PMON if you have access to which gives the info.
Enthusiast

Re: log file

The host node of the PE that is assigned to serve a session isn't always the same as the node that has the network client connection. To determine the latter, one method might be to execute some tool like netstat on the client machine. That will display the active TCP connections. Anything with port 1025 in the remote address column is a Teradata connection.