"2642: Amp Down. The Request against nonfallback CONTRACT cannot be done"

Database

"2642: Amp Down. The Request against nonfallback CONTRACT cannot be done"

Hello all, I'm completely new to Teradata, coming in from a developer's background. I installed Teradata 12 express recently and opened Teradata Administrator, expanded the Samples Database and tried to Browse the CONTRACT table, which generated the message in the subject line.

Does this indicate that the install didn't go as intended? Do I need to drop the Samples database and rebuild it ? If so, how do I go about it?

I apologize for such an introductory question, but this is all new to me, even the concept of an AMP.

Thanks !
4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: "2642: Amp Down. The Request against nonfallback CONTRACT cannot be done"

This meens that your TD12 express edition installation failed somewhere.

the TD express has configurted with 2 AMP's, and apparently at least one of them is on FATAL/DOWN state.

check the amp states as follow:
open the Teradata command prompt and check the overall status by this command :
pdestate -a

In your case the stats might be one of the following :

PDE state is DOWN/HARDSTOP.
or
PDE state is RUN/READY.
DBS state is 0/-1: DBS is not running

if you're on PDEstate DOWN/HARDSTOP, start teradata service first :
net start recond

check the PDE status again, if its not RUN/READY or RUN/STARTED, the best way for you is te remove TD installation completly ( including dirs) and reinstall again.

if you're on RUN/READY start,
run the Database window.
from the supervisor screen try :
get config

look to the Logivcal configuration outpout and check which AMP is in FATAL state

then again from the supervisor screen , start the vprocmanager by this command :
start vprocmanager

a new screen should appears!

from the vprocmanager enter this command :
status;

check the AMP# which is on fatal state, let say 1 for example.
hit this command:

set 1 = ONLINE;

quit the vprocmanager by (QUIT command), close the Database window, end restart the teradata instance by :
tpareset -y

check PDE status again , if it does not come to state 5

PDE state is RUN/STARTED.
DBS state is 5: Logons are enabled - The system is quiescent

, you're in trouble! something failed during your installation. remove it entirely and reinstall!

Thank you so much, I did most of what you described and by the time I reset the teradata instance, it was in state 5 and the AMP is now back online and I can access the tables in the SAMPLE database !

The AMP in question was actually in UTILITY state, but resetting the instance fixed the problem.

Thanks so much !
Enthusiast

i have error in exicution sql query,

create table failed 3620 : cannot nonfallback table "tname" with amp down

how to over come the problem plz send  to me clearcut information through comands in bteq

Hi All,

I am newbie in teradata. Like sql server management studio,is there any way to see the connected or switched database name in teradata studio express sql editor ?

Thanks!