"Problem Occurred" 'Handle Result Sets' has encountered a problem. GC overhead limit exceeded.

Database
Enthusiast

"Problem Occurred" 'Handle Result Sets' has encountered a problem. GC overhead limit exceeded.

After I executed a query it returned 200,000 records and asked if I wanted a sample and clicked the "No" button.  Shortly after,  I received the following error message:

"Problem Occurred" 'Handle Result Sets' has encountered a problem.  GC overhead limit exceeded. 

Has anyone encountered this error message before?  If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks,

J1eggert 

2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: "Problem Occurred" 'Handle Result Sets' has encountered a problem. GC overhead limit exceeded.

I guess you are running this query from SQLA. Basically SQLA is used to analyze sample data and build queries on it. When you try to display large amounts of data, this error occures. This is basically a java error related to memmory handling.

If you want to see all the data you can export it. But I would suggest you to click yes when it says do you want a sample. 

Khurram
Enthusiast

Re: "Problem Occurred" 'Handle Result Sets' has encountered a problem. GC overhead limit exceeded.

I clicked yes when it asked for the sample data.  However, if I export the data into Excel I only receive the sample data.  How do I export all the data into an Excel spreadsheet?