somebody help me its very urgent!!!!!!!

Database
Enthusiast

somebody help me its very urgent!!!!!!!

i m having trouble in connecting to teradata...
the service is down/stopped.. and when i type pdestate in command prompt i get the error "'pdestate' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
similarly i cant find StartTeradat.bat file...
i have unstall n installed teradata 3 times but still have this same prob...
plz someone help me in this regard...

p.s. i installed teradata 1 month back on another pc n it is running fine there but now i need to install her urgently but its creating a problem.. am in very tense condition coz i have to submit my work after 3 days...
6 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: somebody help me its very urgent!!!!!!!

well i discovered i was installing on fat32 drive...
i converted my drive to ntfs.. n then installed teradata
now its saying when i type pdestart on command prompt that "Cannot locate node global file"
also when i write pdestat it says "PDE not accessible: Cannot open PDE device"
what does i mean????
plz help
Senior Apprentice

You probably talk about the V2R5 demo version.
IIRC there's a help file which talks about installing it on FAT32, you have to run a script afterwards.
If you converted FAT32 to NTFS already then try to uninstall and reinstall again...

Dieter
Enthusiast

i uninstalled and converted my drive to NTFS and then installed but it is still not running the teradata service..
and also cant seem to find StartTeradata.bat anywhere in the drive..
Senior Apprentice

Submit "net start recond" from commmand line. Then check the windows eventlog (applications) for errormessages, if it's still not starting...

Dieter
Enthusiast

well i tried the command net start but it says
"'net' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
Enthusiast

well i have started the teradata service by maunally starting it from service manager....
thanx