teradata installation

Database

teradata installation

Hi, I have Windows 10, 64-bit OS.

I need to get the teradata sql assistant installed on this machine for learning purpose.

Can anyone guide me in details about what exact software I need to download and how to install the same.

Any quick help is highly appreciated. Thank you

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Senior Apprentice

Re: teradata installation

If you got access to an existing Teradata system you need to use this ip-address.

Otherwise you must download the Teradata Express image and run it locally using VMWare.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

You can go to developer.teradata.com, select Downloads, then TTU - Windows Install.  (TTU is Teradata Tools and Utilities.)  You will need to sign in or create a user ID.  Note that SQL Assistant is deprecated and will be unavailable in the future.  It is replaced by Teradata Studio, so you might want to consider learning that instead.

but seems I need a license for this. Is there any freeware awailable?

Senior Apprentice

You don't need to buy a license, you just have to create a user on Developer Exchange (and you obviously did that already).

There's only a license agreement screen when you download, scroll to the end and click "agree" :-)

Thanks for the help. I really need that.

Thank you GJColeman and dnoeth.

I have installed teradata SQL assistant and teradata ODBC driver. What IP address I need to give while creating a connection?

Could you please explain the steps in detail.

Thank you in advance.

Senior Apprentice

If you got access to an existing Teradata system you need to use this ip-address.

Otherwise you must download the Teradata Express image and run it locally using VMWare.

thank you for your valuable suggestion.

I used the option for Tearadata Express image in VMware. And it worked :)