teradata manager service not started in new demo...anyone know how to start it...

Database
Fan

teradata manager service not started in new demo...anyone know how to start it...

All -

I've been coming up to speed on the various tools provided with the demo. I'm trying to use Teradata Manager at the moment...

I ran database setup as suggested in the help - first the database, then the user.

However, the database setup concludes with errors... not a good sign, but then this is a demo on a laptop - not a 'real' teradata system, so I just hoped that might be the problem.

I was able to logon after setting up a default user and profile. I configured the manager as discussed in the documentation - well as much as I could on a non SMP windows box.

But I cannot start the Manager. (PMON works however). The main problem I see is that the Teradata Manager service is not listed in the services under the control panel.
Further, there is no isservice.exe (which Help suggests one run) so I cannot issue the isservice.exe /service command.

Another interesting problem in the database setup is that if I try to logon connecting to the server 'localhost' I'm told the Teradata Manager service is not running (no kidding) ;-)

So, my question is - does anyone know if I should even be able to use Teradata Manager with the new demo? If I should be able to use it, does anyone know of a reason(s) why the TM service is not installed? Is there something(s) I could try to get it working?

Thanks in advance for any help

RanD
1 REPLY

Re: teradata manager service not started in new demo...anyone know how to start it...

Hi,

I had some problems too which turned out to be caused by unclean uninstall of the previous version.

It would probably help if you uninstall the whole TTU8.1 as suggested on the CD (Teradata Demo Help, "Uninstall Details for TW8.1") and use the supplied uninstall-*.bat for uninstalling the Tools and Utilities:

To silently uninstall all TTU 8.1 software execute the "remove ttu 81.bat" script in the \Bin directory of the TW 8.1 Demo CD Disk 1.