We have a query that we know will return nulls for a certain column. However, in the result set, sometimes we see null and sometiems it returns <Error> in the column when the value should be null. When I hover over the <Error> value, the below message is displayed.
unable to cast object of type 'system.dbnull' to type 'system.string'
I have not seen this before and would like some help in determining how this can be fixed.
A user runs a query in SQL Assistant and expects null values in a certain column. In the result set, the null indicator is displayed until row 501.... where it then displays '<Error>' as the value for that column.
I searched for a KA that addresses this issue. The only one I found seemed to be 'internal' to Teradata... I could not view it. So, I opened a question with the GSC. It is a known defect in the SQLA version that we have. It is supposed to be fixed in SQLA version 14.10.0.08.
That same query, when exported to a file, returns the null indicator for all 40,000+ rows.
Looks like some defect in casting the Nulls to String for the next row after 'Maximum Number of answer rows to Display' setting in SQL Setting Options.