unable to run query in Teradata Studio Express while being used in VMware player

Database
Enthusiast

unable to run query in Teradata Studio Express while being used in VMware player

This is regarding Teradata Studio Express being used in VMware player.

I am trying to execute a query but unable to do so. Instead, i am facing following issue.

I get "Unable to Launch" pop up window with following message.

" The selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches"

4 REPLIES

Re: unable to run query in Teradata Studio Express while being used in VMware player

I'm having the same issue. Is there a resolution?

N/A

Re: unable to run query in Teradata Studio Express while being used in VMware player

Facing the same issue, any guidence please?

You should not be using "Run" command (Ctrl+F11) to execute the SQL statements in the SQL scrapbook.

Instead, select the query line which you want to execute and use "Alt+S" (Execute current text) to execute that line of code.

To execute all lines of code in the SQL scrapbook, use "Ctrl+Alt+S" (Execute All)

Enthusiast

OMG, that so weird, what is the diff between RUN and execute Curr text,  I just started looking at TD and this studio bit hard to operate...

M