Download VMware Player 7.0#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_player/7_0

Download Aster

Download VMware Player 7.0#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_player/7_0

I am having trouble in opening the VMware using the VMware player that is downloaded. I believe the Aster Experss image was generated with a version that is not compatable with what we are trying to play from .

I tried with all versions 6 as I have 32bit OS

Please advise on what correct version I can use and download

Shared with Jive Anywhere

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/free#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_player/7_0

Accepted Solutions
dm
Teradata Employee

Re: Download VMware Player 7.0#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_player/7_0

Hi Srikanth

Sounds like you were able to successfully download and install the VMware Player.  If so, there is a quick configuration change that you will need to make in order to match the network addresses in the Aster images.

The Aster images have been created using static IP addresses, 192.168.100.100 for the Queen and 192.168.100.150 for the Worker.  Before you boot the images, you will need to match the VMNET8 virtual network with this subnet.

On Windows, select your network properties either through Control Panel or right-clicking 'My Network Places' from your Start menu, or with Windows 7, this is “Network and Sharing Center.”  You will see a network connect named "VMware Network Adapter VMnet8.”  Select the properties for this and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).  You will need to set the IP address to 192.168.100.1, as shown in these screenshots.   

VMnet8_1 - Aster Express VMware
VMnet8_2 - Aster Express VMware

Once you have the network settings done, it's time to run VMware Player and start Aster images.   For additional step-by-step instructions, please refer to the getting starting guide that is attached at the end of this reply.

Please let us know if this answered your question.   

Step-by-step instructions link: Aster Express VMware Getting Started Guide (PDF is also attached below)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1 REPLY
dm
Teradata Employee

Re: Download VMware Player 7.0#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_player/7_0

Hi Srikanth

Sounds like you were able to successfully download and install the VMware Player.  If so, there is a quick configuration change that you will need to make in order to match the network addresses in the Aster images.

The Aster images have been created using static IP addresses, 192.168.100.100 for the Queen and 192.168.100.150 for the Worker.  Before you boot the images, you will need to match the VMNET8 virtual network with this subnet.

On Windows, select your network properties either through Control Panel or right-clicking 'My Network Places' from your Start menu, or with Windows 7, this is “Network and Sharing Center.”  You will see a network connect named "VMware Network Adapter VMnet8.”  Select the properties for this and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).  You will need to set the IP address to 192.168.100.1, as shown in these screenshots.   

VMnet8_1 - Aster Express VMware
VMnet8_2 - Aster Express VMware

Once you have the network settings done, it's time to run VMware Player and start Aster images.   For additional step-by-step instructions, please refer to the getting starting guide that is attached at the end of this reply.

Please let us know if this answered your question.   

Step-by-step instructions link: Aster Express VMware Getting Started Guide (PDF is also attached below)