Example apps bundle

Download Aster
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Example apps bundle

Where can I download the example apps bundle for the Aster AppCenter ?

5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Example apps bundle

The Aster Appcenter example apps are usually provided along with the installer file. Check the directory where the installer file was placed, you should find the example apps bundle there as well. On my lab cluster it is a folder named "sample-apps":

bkqueen:/tmp/sample-apps # ls -l
total 1861192
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  14861042 Apr 20  2016 2016-04-01-ExampleApps-6.00.01.01.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 937129490 Apr 20  2016 AppCenter_example_data.tar.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 951980736 Nov  8  2016 AppCenter_examples.zip
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root      3840 Apr 20  2016 setup_instructions.readme

Teradata Employee

Thanks for your quick reply Margarete. What do you mean with "install directory" ? I just downloaded Aster Express which was a zip file, I unzipped that and it does not have a sample_apps directory (or a zip file containing it). I also looked around on the Aster Queen vm ware instance, but I could not find it there either.

Teradata Employee

When Aster Appcenter is installed on a dedicated server, the Appcenter software is downloaded from Teradata internal software server (TSS). This package contains the example apps. I suppose, Aster Express is different and example apps are not provided.

Teradata Employee

I just found that example apps are also located in /data/appserver-backup folder. Not sure whether it is same with Aster Express but it is worth a look.

Teradata Employee

That is why i am asking where I can download it ;-)