How to solve 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable error on Aster Express

Download Aster
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

How to solve 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable error on Aster Express

I cannot go into the Appcenter anymore. I use the link from the documentation: https://192.168.100.100:444/appserver/portal/

However I then get the error message Service Temporarily Unavailable.

I am using the latest Aster Express. I have tried using the restart.sh command in the /opt/teradata/appcenter directory, however the user "aster" has no permissions to run the command.

How can I get the Appcenter working again?

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: How to solve 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable error on Aster Express

Hi Martin,

Have you verified that the AppCenter service is up and running?  

I see that you are running Aster Express.  Is this an instance that you control, or is it something that someone else is configuring? If you have full control of it, you can sudo to root.  The password should be either root/aster or aster/root.  Once you have sudoed to root you can run the appcenter status scripts and the restart script.

Thanks,

Tom

Teradata Employee

Also you should be able to use the ps -ef command to check if there is an AppCenter process runing.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Martijn,

Hope all is well with you.

We have reached out to our AppCenter Dev team to help us with this concern. They said that one way to check if any service is failing is to run - /opt/teradata/appserver/bin/verify_install.sh

Maybe you could try this if you haven't tried yet. This will print diagnostic info on services that are failing. Once you have the diagnostic info, you may send it to us so we could verify further and help identify the cause.

Thank you so much for your patience!