Java interface to TPT OPERATORS

Extensibility

Java interface to TPT OPERATORS

Reviewing the TPT manuals, I do not see a set of coding examples using Java.  This is a show-stopper for anyone using Java programs to use TPT.  I would like to see such an example in this forum and in the manuals because Java is arguably the most important enterprise languag

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Java interface to TPT OPERATORS

I don't even see "Java" mentioned at all in the doco, except in the trademark text.  An example implies it's supported, which sounds like it isn't.    Anybody know any different ?

What I would really like to see is a Python interface to the TPT API !  

We use Python a lot, and in this scenario, it is the controlling process on top of the API - the work is still done by the API so Python vs C performance should not be a big factor.    This would give a true agile development environment.

Can someone from Teradata comment please.

Thanks

Teradata Employee

Teradata has no plans to provide a Java interface for TPT.

Our recommendation is for Java applications to use the Teradata JDBC Driver. The Teradata JDBC Driver offers support at the wire protocol level for FastLoad and FastExport. MultiLoad support is on our product roadmap.

We have recently added a JDBC FastLoad CSV feature that is faster and more efficient than our existing JDBC FastLoad feature (which continues to be available as an option).

http://developer.teradata.com/doc/connectivity/jdbc/reference/current/jdbcug_chapter_2.html#BABFGFA2

Regarding Python support, Teradata has no plans to provide a Python interface for TPT. However, Python code can call C code such as the TPT API.

Enthusiast

Do we have any change in Teradata position to provide Java interface for TPT in recent and upcoming release.

Thanks!

TDThrottle

Teradata Employee

My post above remains accurate.

Hi Teradata team,

Can the TPT APIs (which are in C++) be accessed through JNI

Also, is the multiload now available in jdbc?

Teradata Employee

My post from 2011 is still accurate.

Teradata does not recommend use of TPTAPI via JNI. Our recommendation is for Java applications to use the Teradata JDBC Driver.

The Teradata JDBC Driver does not support MultiLoad yet, and such support remains on our product roadmap.

Are there any JAVA APIs for Teradata TPT operators? 

How to use TPT operators using JAVA program? FASTEXPORT & FASTLOAD I can use. wghat about others?

Teradata Employee

The Teradata JDBC driver natively leverages the database FastLoad and FastExport protocols; it does not invoke any TPT operators or legacy utilities.