Teradata connector for Hadoop 2.06

Extensibility

Teradata connector for Hadoop 2.06

Hi,

I am trying to export data from HDFS (HDP 2.06) into Teradata(version 13) using td-connector-for-hadoop-1.0.9a-hdp1.3-linux-x86-64-sqoop-integration-edition.

Its giving following error while exporting:

14/01/27 07:43:26 ERROR tool.TeradataExportTool: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext, but class was expected

at com.teradata.hadoop.mapreduce.TeradataOutputFormat.checkOutputSpecs(TeradataOutputFormat.java:74)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmitter.checkSpecs(JobSubmitter.java:456)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmitter.submitJobInternal(JobSubmitter.java:342)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job$10.run(Job.java:1268)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job$10.run(Job.java:1265)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)

at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1491)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.submit(Job.java:1265)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.waitForCompletion(Job.java:1286)

at com.teradata.hadoop.mapreduce.TeradataOutputProcessor.run(TeradataOutputProcessor.java:78)

at com.teradata.hadoop.mapreduce.TeradataBatchInsertOutputProcessor.run(TeradataBatchInsertOutputProcessor.java:66)

at com.teradata.hadoop.job.TeradataExportJob.runJob(TeradataExportJob.java:75)

at com.teradata.hadoop.tool.TeradataJobRunner.runExportJob(TeradataJobRunner.java:192)

at com.teradata.hadoop.tool.TeradataExportTool.run(TeradataExportTool.java:41)

at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70)

at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:84)

at com.teradata.hadoop.tool.TeradataExportTool.main(TeradataExportTool.java:439)

14/01/27 07:43:26 INFO tool.TeradataExportTool: job completed with exit code 10000

Command:

hadoop com.teradata.hadoop.tool.TeradataExportTool -url jdbc:teradata://server_name/database=DB_TAB  -username user-password pwd -jobtype hdfs -sourcepaths /user/example2_hdfs/01 -nummappers 1 -separator ',' -targettable test1

Is connector available for Hadoop 2.06? Which version and download link?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata connector for Hadoop 2.06

Hi,

HDP2.0 is supported on TDCH1.1+. The following is the download link.

http://downloads.teradata.com/download/connectivity/teradata-connector-for-hadoop-command-line-editi...

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks Mark_tdch for the answer.

TDCH1.1 connector is working with HDP 2.06.

But with batch.insert export I am getting following error :

Error: com.teradata.hadoop.exception.TeradataHadoopSQLException: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 13.10.00.35] [Error 1338] [SQLState HY000] A failure occurred while executing a PreparedStatement batch request. Details of the failure can be found in the exception chain that is accessible with getNextException.

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeBatchUpdateException(ErrorFactory.java:147)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeBatchUpdateException(ErrorFactory.java:136)

while its running fine with multiple.fastload.

Command: hadoop com.teradata.hadoop.tool.TeradataExportTool -url jdbc:teradata://Server/database=DB_TAB  -username user -password hadoop -jobtype hdfs  -sourcepaths /user/example2_hdfs/TDCSVsample -nummappers 1 -separator ',' -targettable test1

Tried with different number of mappers 1/2/10, but getting same error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

N/A

Hi

This is my first time using Teradata Import Tool. I downloaded the jar file and put it in sqoop folder and tried to import a teradata table to hadoop as given below but I get  "[SQLState 28000] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid" error eventhough everything I gave is correct and I'm able to login to SQL Assistant using the same credentials. Can anyone please advise how to fix this? Could it be something related to LDAP issue? How do I mention that this is LDAP in the command below?

export USERLIBTDCH=/usr/lib/sqoop/teradata-connector-1.1.1-hadoop200.jar

hadoop jar $USERLIBTDCH com.teradata.hadoop.tool.TeradataImportTool -classname com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver -url jdbc:teradata://a.b.c.net/DATABASE=XYZ-username ROOT -password XXXX -jobtype hdfs -fileformat textfile -method split.by.hash -separator "," -sourcetable ICDW_REG_QRY -targetpaths /user/ABC/TD_REG_QRY

14/02/13 00:36:28 ERROR tool.TeradataImportTool: com.teradata.hadoop.exception.TeradataHadoopException: com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: [Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 14.00.00.39] [Error 8017] [SQLState 28000] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid.

Thanks