Availability of tool to convert SQL queries to Teradata queries

General

Availability of tool to convert SQL queries to Teradata queries

Is there any tool available to migrate from SQL queries/SPs to Teradata Queries/SPs ?

Tried ISPIRER but the conversion is not accurate and it allows only 20 lines of code.

2 REPLIES

Re: Availability of tool to convert SQL queries to Teradata queries

My Suggestion: Until and unless the tool(s) is/are thoroughly tested end to end, I better don't take any chance. I think it is better to understand the functionality and write the code in Teradata. Of course tools save us from time-consuming writing of code and we can test quickly. But when it comes to incompatibilities, then we may end up doing R&D in the tool(s) , which is non-billable and counter-productive :). SQL SPs/Sybase SPs are  in many ways different from TD's in their syntaxes. ANSI sqls.... can be ported in many ways interchangeably.

Re: Availability of tool to convert SQL queries to Teradata queries

Thanks a lot Raja... :)  yes, in the worst case if things go wrong, then we might end up in chaos..but, tools save time..so was thinking...wherever you search for a tool to convert SQL to TD, we find ISPIRER..have tried the trial version which only allowed 20 lines of code and found that the conversion is not accurate...why do they then have ISPIRER (did I miss anything when making use of the trial version), have anyone tried and hit a success with this tool ? if yes, pls advise me..