CAPTCHA

General
Teradata Employee

CAPTCHA

Just going to say that the CAPTCHA implementation is a bit overkill. I just had a customer spend 30 minutes trying to get registered and log in because the CAPTCHA was not just a little hard to read but undeciperable and the audio is deplorable. I for the life of me can't figure out why we'd need CAPTCHA on the login screen. After repeat password failures it makes sense but from the get go? Maybe we can add a 3 password miss limit with a 24 hour lock out to boot for some real fun? I can imagine some people have given up on using the forum simply because of this. Someone with vision problems would really have a tough time and if you had vision and hearing problems getting in would be like cracking a safe. :-)

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: CAPTCHA

CAPTCHA is not friendly :). I have a good eyessight as per my doctor's comment. However, it is strenous for me to recognize. Very rarely, I can get in the first attempt. I think I have solutions for this...like simplifying the captcha , but not allowing any scam software reading it easily.

Cheers,

Teradata Employee

One can deduce .... captcha is working brilliantly. :)

Unfortunately, it is the need of the time to avoid spam etc which can't be avoided by putting a limit on login-attempts may be.

Enthusiast

Can you at least make the letters  less squished & swirled  ?  very annoying to have to click through 20  or more to get one almost readable.   

If you are stuck at something (like captcha)  .... Teradata should consider it an opportunity to think anew.