.COMPILE throws error 7947 in spite of having only one Replace Procedure Statement in BTEQ

General

.COMPILE throws error 7947 in spite of having only one Replace Procedure Statement in BTEQ

I have a 430 Lines of Stored procedure in a SQL file. When i compile it using .COMPILE FILE <Filename> command in BTEQ, i get ERROR 7947:Only create/replace procedure allowed. My file contains only one statment replace procedure stament with includes DECLARE, EXCEPETION HANDLING AND BODY sections, but still I keep getting this error. I have even removed all the comments from the file but still facing the same issue. Please help me with this error. Appreciate your response. I would not be able to share the procedure due to security reasons. Thanks.

Regards

Arun

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: .COMPILE throws error 7947 in spite of having only one Replace Procedure Statement in BTEQ

Make sure you have an outer BEGIN / END around the entire SP body, including any declarations, and that there is no semicolon before the first BEGIN.

REPLACE PROCEDURE name (parameters) options

BEGIN

END;

Re: .COMPILE throws error 7947 in spite of having only one Replace Procedure Statement in BTEQ

THanks Fred. Finally, I sorted out the issue. The SQL file that I was using was saved using notepad. While saving it was encoded as UTF. I just changed the encoding to ANSI saved it again and tried. It worked. Hope this helps.