Child user can't select view of parent in teradata

General
Rna
Fan

Child user can't select view of parent in teradata

In Teradata SQLAssistant, I have created a db user USER1 which has 17 views. This user can do a SELECT on any view, thanks to a profile/role I granted and then associated to him. His child USER2 is a db user with the same profile/role as USER1, but my problem is he can't select any of the views of USER1 :

Table/View **** not found, or you have no access rights

When I check in Teradata Administrator, USER2 has the same right (READ) on the datawarehouse tables used by the 17 views as USER1....

Can anyone help me ?

I can provide more details.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Child user can't select view of parent in teradata

USER2 does not need rights on the referenced tables to use views in USER1.

USER2 must have SELECT access on USER1 (or on the views individually); this could be granted via a role

AND

USER1 as a database / view owner must have SELECT WITH GRANT access to the referenced tables; this cannot be granted via a role.

If you don't want to give SELECT WITH GRANT to USER1 directly, then you can create a separate database VIEW1 to hold the views. Give VIEW1 SELECT WITH GRANT, give USER1 CREATE VIEW on VIEW1, and give USER2 SELECT on VIEW1.

Rna
Fan

Re: Child user can't select view of parent in teradata

Granting select with option on datawarehouse tables (used by USER1's views) to USER1 and granting SELECT on USER1 to USER2 through a ROLE worked.

Now i only need to give that role to USER1's children when i create them and they can perform a SELECT on USER1's views

Thanks !