Could anyone please tell me when Global temporary tables and VTT comes into picture in Real time.

General

Could anyone please tell me when Global temporary tables and VTT comes into picture in Real time.

Hi,

I have a query that when GTT and VTT comes into picture in realtime?

Could anyone please share me the knowledge that would helpful to me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Purushotham.

4 REPLIES

Re: Could anyone please tell me when Global temporary tables and VTT comes into picture in Real time.

When you want to increase performance, like reducing spool space usage by queries, simplifying complex queries,reducing many joins.When you want to avoid denormalization. Anyway it is not part

of modeling........

Re: Could anyone please tell me when Global temporary tables and VTT comes into picture in Real time.

Hi raja,

To reduce many joins,simplying complex queries and reducing spool usage by queries ,then temporary tables comes into picture,right?then what about derived tables raja.

Regards
Purushotham.M

Think of few  scenarios say when you need statistics. Each and every object in DB has its own unique feature. We cannot integrate easily with derived tables when we have series of queries in one large business logic implementation when it has dependencies. Derived tables are not objects.

Thank u raja...