Datastage - Bteq Connectivity issue

General

Datastage - Bteq Connectivity issue

Hi, I'm trying to execute an unix script,which internally calls bteq from datastage.

The data stage job fails with below error

"Could not load program bteq:

Dependent module /opt/teradata/client/13.10/tdicu/lib64/libicuiotd.so could not be loaded.

The module has an invalid magic number"

But when i execute the same script from UNIX, it is working.

Does anyone you know why this error?

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Datastage - Bteq Connectivity issue

Hi,

Issue is with LIBPATH ..In Your Datastage director check in Environment variables setting  what is the value assiged to LIBPATH of Teradata.

For example like below:

LIBPATH=/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/branded_odbc/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/uvdlls:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/lib/ppc64:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/lib/ppc64/j9vm:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/lib/cpp:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/proxy/cpp/aix-all-ppc_64::/usr/mqm/lib64:/home/apps/db2c/ddb2018/sqllib/lib:/opt/oracle/product/11.1/lib:/opt/teradata/client/13.0/tbuild/lib64:/opt/teradata/client/13.0/lib64:/opt/teradata/client/13.0/tdicu/lib_64:/usr/lib

Solution :

Include LIBPATH before executing bteq script and after the end of bteq script

LIBPATH=/opt/teradata/client/13.0/tbuild/lib64:/usr/lib ; export LIBPATH  

bteq <<!

---

---

---

.QUIT 8

!

.QUIT 8

!

LIBPATH=/opt/teradata/client/13.0/tbuild/lib64; export LIBPATH