Error in instalation of Teradata Express Edition V13

General
N/A

Error in instalation of Teradata Express Edition V13

Hi,

I installed the Teradata Express Edition V13, when I start the Teradata Service Control, gives the message: "Re-boot system to start Teradata Service".

But I did it.

Does anyone have any tips?.... my e-mail/msn --> aluizs@ig.com.br ! tks.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Error in instalation of Teradata Express Edition V13

The following are the details of my problem:

I'm using a notebook with Windows Vista Business operating system, and I installed the Teradata Express Edition V13, as follows:
1) I installed the Teradata Driver BYNET, and the installer asked to boot the notebook;

2) I installed the Teradata Database, Teradata and Teradata Tools Express Tools And Utilities;

3) How do I not need the Teradata Warehouse Miner and Additional Software, I did not install these modules;

4) Finally, I booted the notebook to complete installation;

After the entire installation process, when I use the Teradata Service Control, opened a window with the message: "Re-boot system to start Teradata Services." And I even booting the system, this message always appears and the services of Teradata does not start.

What you see in "My computer / Manage / Events viewer (or something like this, don't remember exactly)"?
N/A

got the same damn problem and i am struggling tp find a solution :(

I tried rebooting 7 times still it gives the same error. Is there a way i can get rid of this issue.

@teratater : what do you mean by Events viewer i went there but did not find anything except logs for everything else except teradata :( can u help please.

N/A

It's the Application log in WIndow's "Event Viewer", there should be entries from Teradata/TdatTools/GtwRsrvTdmst.

But why do you still struggle with a windows installation of an old TD release when it's much easier to run Express on VMWare?

Dieter

Hi,

I tried installing Teradata Express Edition V13 on my system having Windows Vista home basic, as a first step BYNET is installed and the system is restarted.

when i try to install the rest of the software, the tab 'Next - Install Menu' is not enabled in the Teradata Epress Sdition Browser and it shows the bellow error message in bold red color.

Your Microsoft Windows XP service pack is wrong, Installation is not enabled.

Now this appears to be quite strange to me since my system has Windows Vista installed (Service Pack 2 and 32-bit Operating System), so ideally I should have got errors related to Vista (if any), not XP.

Request your valuable opinions on the same.

Best Regards,

Parasuram.

N/A

Hi,

I am facing the same error with Windows 7 32-bit machine- "Your Microsoft Windows XP service pack is wrong, Installation is not enabled". I also have Service Pack 1 installed. I am not sure why does the error message mention Windows XP rather than Windows 7. Can anyone please advise?

Thank You!