Failure 2646 No more spool space in

General
N/A

Failure 2646 No more spool space in

Hi guys,

I'm having this spool space problem.

I'm running TD13 on SuSE VMware.

I created as my primary user for database

I already checked DBC.DISKSPACE and DBC.DISKSPACEX and I do have enough Perm and Spool Space, please see details below:

Vproc---DatabaseName---AccountName---MaxPerm---MaxSpool---MaxTemp-----------CurrentPerm---CurrentSpool---CurrentTemp
0--------testdb---------------DBC--------------125,000-----250,000----1,926,444,318----0------------------0------------------0
1--------testdb---------------DBC--------------125,000-----250,000----1,926,444,318----0------------------0------------------0
0--------testuser-------------DBC--------------250,000-----250,000----1,926,444,318----20,480----------0------------------0
1--------testuser-------------DBC--------------250,000-----250,000----1,926,444,318----20,480----------0------------------0

I altered the PERM and SPOOL space by using below commands:
MODIFY USER testuser AS PERM =
MODIFY USER testuser AS SPOOL =
MODIFT DATABASE testdb AS PERM =
MODIFT DATABASE testdb AS SPOOL =

Looking at the values I've given above, it makes me wonder how come my user has a bigger MaxPerm than when I have created from only. So most likely, I did something wrong during the initial setup.

Main Problem----------------------------
I was able to work on the database initially, created some tables, inserted values, querying etc.
But when I created another table, then came the error:
*** Failure 2646 No more spool space in testuser.
Statement# 1, Info =0
***Total elapsed time was 1 second.

Thanks!
10 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Failure 2646 No more spool space in

some of the names haven't displayed properly, basically:
testdb is my Primary database
testuser is my Primary user created from testdb
Teradata Employee

Hi,

The user can have higher MaxPerm the DB/User it was created earlier .... there is no issue in that. Ideally what you should have done was to set values for the user and not for the DB.

Regards, MAC

Check for skewness for the Tables...some AMP must highly skewed....remove the skewness...it will resolve that...

Hi,

I am also getting the same error for user etluser as

[Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] No more spool space in etluser

I am running informatica mapping to load data into my target table which i created under user 'etluser'.

How can i increase the spool space for this user? or is there any othe solution for this?

My other doubt is why dbc.diskspace shows currentspool and currenttemp values as 0 ?

Please help. Thanks..!

Teradata Employee

First of all, please put seperate questions in seperate threads.

Next, have you analyzed the query generated by Informatica? Is it a Full-PDO? Have you collected stats for underlying tables?

HELLO ADEEL,

I WANT TO MOVE DATA FROM DBQL TO PDCR ,

COULD YOU PLEASE  HELP WITH SYNTAX?

How the PE process the data when NUSI column is joind with non indexed column? please explain.

Hi All,

Is it possible to export data into exel file using Fastexport? Please help me by providing example if possible.

Thanks

You can output in a csv file and then open it in EXCEL.

This could give you a head start, rest you can figure out in the utility manual

.logtable log_tbl
.logon <hostfileentry>/<username>,<pssword>
begin export sessions 2;
.export outfile c:\<output location>;
select cast(col1 as varchar(7)) || ',' || cast(col2 as varchar(8))
from tbl;;
.end report;
.logoff;