Forum email notifications temporarily disabled

General
Teradata Employee

Forum email notifications temporarily disabled

We are currently working on deploying an anti-spammer solution. Unfortunately we have to temporarily disable the forum email notification function until we get the solution deployed. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Tags (2)
16 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Forum email notifications temporarily disabled

The forum notifications are now re-enabled, hopefully permanently. (We are still performing testing against our anti-spam solution that required disabling the notifications in the first place).

WAQ
Enthusiast

Does this email notification allow me to recieve email, whenever someone respond to my forum post?

Does it also work if someone respond to the forum post which is not posted by me, but I participated in that post?

Enthusiast

You will receive the forum emails if you have subscribed to that forum.

For the posts reply/comments, this is in your accont settings...

WAQ
Enthusiast

Yeah I changed the settings in my profile and enabled it to recieve the emails but still I don't recieve any email. So for example, will I get an email, if someone reply on this particular post, as I am one of the particpant on it?

Enthusiast

Yes you should!

I used to have similar issue, but since last week when the email notifications were activated, I am now receiving proper email notifications.

If you are having problem, then send the feedback to the team using the link at the bottom of the page. They are normally quite responsive and should sort out your issue!

WAQ
Enthusiast

Ok thanks, yes I'll report the issue.

Teradata Employee

WAQ... in your profile you can elect to get notifications for threads you are part of, but you can also get notifications of all activity in a forum by clicking the little email icon on the forum home page. See http://forums.teradata.com/node/8819

Senior Supporter

no, at least I can't see this icon on my mac in firefox and safari browser - see sceen shots attached

WAQ
Enthusiast

I can't see email notifications either. All I see is the RSS feed icon.

As far as the profile setting is concerned, I opted for email notifications, but I am not getting any email what so ever.