Goal: reinstall ttu 15.00 con windows 7 client

General
Enthusiast

Goal: reinstall ttu 15.00 con windows 7 client

Hi all, I'm a newbie in teradata database. My goal was described on the subject and in order to do that I did the following steps: - 1.- Uninstall old versions of ttu. with uninstall_TTU.vbs. all process was completely successfully. 2.- uninstall TTU 15.00 . 2.1.- when I tried to uninstall from Add/remove programs from Windows. this utility was in freeze mode. (I mean hang) 2.2.- another way that I tried was by silent_uninstall.bat with ALL parameter it shows the following error through a window: "the current version of teradata GSS client cannot be uninstalled unless it is the last existing version. you must first remove all other versions before removing this version." I clic on the ACCEPT but this show suddenly the DOS prompt. So. I tried with silent_uninstall.bat with ODBC parameter and it was the same behavior that I described. Well, when I saw the logs (attached) they only describe that the version is correct and doesn't work. Fellows. my goal is to uninstall TTU 15 from that PC but I can't. Please, your kindly advice.
1 REPLY
Enthusiast

Re: Goal: reinstall ttu 15.00 con windows 7 client

This is the real post

Hi all, I'm a newbie in teradata database. My goal was described on the subject and in order to do that I did the following steps:

• 1.- Uninstall old versions of ttu. with uninstall_TTU.vbs. all process was completely successfully.
  • 2.- uninstall TTU 15.00 .
  • 2.1.- when I tried to uninstall from Add/remove programs from Windows. this utility was in freeze mode. (I mean hang)
  • 2.2.- another way that I tried was by silent_uninstall.bat with ALL parameter it shows the following error through a window:

"the current version of teradata GSS client cannot be uninstalled unless it is the last existing version. you must first remove all other versions before removing this version."

I tried to uninstall with silent_uninstall.bat and GSS parameter but it didn't work. I mean I cannot uninstall this in order to continue.

I tried with silent_uninstall.bat with ODBC parameter and it was the same behavior that I described. Well, when I saw the logs (attached) they only describe that the version is correct and doesn't work.

Fellows. my goal is to uninstall TTU 15 from that PC but I can't. Please, your kindly advice.

thanks in advance.

====================Uninstall_TTU script being execution========================
Processor Architecture : AMD64
Programfiles folder : C:\Program Files
Programfiles (x86) folder : C:\Program Files (x86)
Windows Script Host version on the machine<5.8> is greater than or equal to the required Windows Script Host version<5.6>...
Windows Installer version<5.0.7601.18637> on the machine is greater than or equal to required Windows Installer version<3.0>...
SUNAT\chijar.admlocal is not an administrator.
==============================ODBC Driver for Teradata======================================
Product Version : 15.00.00.04    |     Alpha Product Version : 
UninstallInfo :  DisplayName =  ODBC Driver for Teradata nt-x8664 15.00.0.4\t Hex_Version = 251658240
Product installation Found. Product Name = ODBC Driver for Teradata x8664    |    Product Version = 15.00.00.04
Initating Product uninstallation...
Currently installed product version(15.00.00.04) > prior to version passed(15.00.00.00)
Uninstallation not required...
Completed searching the registry for ODBC Driver for Teradata
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Version : 15.00.00.04    |     Alpha Product Version : 
UninstallInfo :  DisplayName =  ODBC Driver for Teradata 15.00.0.4\t Hex_Version = 251658240
Product installation Found. Product Name = ODBC Driver for Teradata    |    Product Version = 15.00.00.04
Currently installed product version(15.00.00.04) > prior to version passed(15.00.00.00)
Product Version : 15.00.07.00    |     Alpha Product Version : 
UninstallInfo :  DisplayName =  ODBC Driver for Teradata - Suite 15.00.07\t Hex_Version = 251658247
Product installation Found. Product Name = ODBC Driver for Teradata    |    Product Version = 15.00.07.00
Currently installed product version(15.00.07.00) > prior to version passed(15.00.00.00)
Completed searching the Wow6432Node registry for ODBC Driver for Teradata
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=================================================================================
===================Uninstall_TTU script end execution===========================