How to connect database in TD14.10

General

How to connect database in TD14.10

Am new to TD.. last week I downloaded TD14.10.. I don't know how to connect with database.. TD13 having teradata service control.. But TD14.10 not having that.. pls anyone give step by step process to run that..

7 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: How to connect database in TD14.10

Presumably, as you downloaded it, you are refering to Teradata Express 14.10 for VMWare Player. The user Guide can be found here http://developer.teradata.com/database/articles/teradata-express-14-10-for-vmware-player-user-guide.

MikeC. 

Fan

If you're talking about the Teradata Express VMWare, then use the following:

Unix User/PW: root / root

Teradata User/PW: dbc / dbc

IP-address: just have a look to your consult within VM using ifconfig

After Linux has started within VM, just wait some seconds for Teradata RDBMS to be started. After that you can logon from outside of VM using IP and Teradata -credentials.

am using windows 8, 64 bit version... i think VM player is for linux OS... Or the same VM player can also be used for windows 8.

N/A

How to connect database with SQL Assistant? what do the connect informations that are needed input including data soure name,server,mechanisiam,parameter,user,password and so on mean?

i don't know the data soure name,server name,mechanisiam,parameter,user,password...? how to create that? i tried by giving new values in 64bit ODBC connection. while making ODBC connection in sql assistant am getting the error as "10061 WSA E ConnRefused: The teradata server is not accepting connections".

Hi , I am new in TD and have just joined some organisation . Here on this forum I have found you all are full of industrial real time experience . 

It would be great if you help me learning TD .

Many thanks in advance .

PS - Can anybody please tell me how to start a new forum .

Regards .

Junior Apprentice

Hi Prakash,

If you are using SQL Assistant (SQLA) then you MUST define a 32bit odbc connection. SQLA is a 32-bit application and therefore uses a 32-bit odbc driver.

The name of the DSN is up to you, Teradata/SQLA don't care. Call it 'fred' if you want to.For the server name I suggest that you just use an IP address. What this is really depends on how you've setup the vm. By default (I think) they come set up to use DHCP, but the ip address range will be in one of vmplayer's 'vmnet' ranges. I usually change my vm's to use a static ip address (use YAST2 to change this) and then change the vm settings so that th enetwork connection type is 'bridged'.

If the message that you're getting is "conn refused" check that the vm is started (it probably is) and that the dbms is running inside the vm. To do this:

login to the linux os as root (password is root)

start a terminal session

type in the following command (lower case)

pdestate -a

If everything is working correctly you should see somthing like the following

PDE state is RUN/STARTED

DBS state is 4:logons are enabled - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(the xxxxxx bit doesn't matter)

Start with that and then we'll see what needs doing.

Cheers,

Dave

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion
www: http://www.ward-analytics.com