How to load data into Volatile Table from File

General
Highlighted
Enthusiast

How to load data into Volatile Table from File

Hello All,

Can someone please help me here to load the data into Volatile Table from File using Mload or FastLoad ?

I am trying but it is not working, may be not using the right syntax.

My requirement is to load only 1 column from file which has multiple columns. Please advise.

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: How to load data into Volatile Table from File

It is not possible to use FastLoad or MultiLoad to load data into a volatile table.

A volatile table is session-specific, meaning it is owned by a single SQL session, and cannot be accessed by any other sessions.

Both the FastLoad and MultiLoad wire protocols transfer data using multiple non-SQL sessions, that are separate from the control SQL session that initiates the load job.

The additional data transfer non-SQL sessions cannot access the volatile table owned by the SQL session, which is why FastLoad and MultiLoad cannot load data into a volatile table.

Fan

Hi guys!

I am trying to load data from an Excel.CSV delimited by commas into Teradata. I followed the steps from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pAyKj7GLkQ&t=2s. Teradata is showing that all the columns of my file had been imported (13 in my example), but when I ran the query SELECT * FROM "My table", shows "0" rows. Does any body could help me out with this please?

Thank you very much.

We can use Teradata SQL Assistant to load data from file into table present in Teradata. Refer to below link for more details: http://usefulfreetips.com/Teradata-SQL-Tutorial/teradata-sql-assistant-import-data/
Teradata Employee

If your target is a VOLATILE table, be sure you specify the ON COMMIT PRESERVE ROWS option.

Fan

Great! now it works. Thanks a lot Fred.