How we can replicate Tables structures between 2 teradata servers ?

General
Enthusiast

How we can replicate Tables structures between 2 teradata servers ?

is there any easiest way to make sure table defintions between 2 teradata servers are in SYNC.

currently I am exporting table definitions from one server and creating tables in another server by using BTEQ & SHELL script.

4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: How we can replicate Tables structures between 2 teradata servers ?

I guess there is no direct way to compare the DDLs between two different TD servers.

You can export the table definitions from both servers and using unix can find the difference in the DDLs. More or less the same approach you are doing now...

Enthusiast

You could use Atana Suite Delta Tool.  Atana is like Toad for Teradata and has many tools that enhance productivity similar to your request.

You could SHOW the table in both environments and compare.  You could also grab the definitions in Administrator in both environments and compare in a text editor.

Joe

Enthusiast

If it is simple one and one-off situation , I think you can use script(unix/excel) to compare.

Note: You can also think that if  many more functionalities than what you require then:--  you can inquire of  unity director, loader ,mover where you can achieve synchronization by way of   SQL MULTICAST and Table Copy.

Teradata Employee

No further easy way to do so from what you are doing.

You can enhance the current process [if not already done] by automating the process of exporting DDLs and applying them at target server.