Importing from Excel in SQL Assist giving "Wrong number of data values in record 1."

General
Fan

Importing from Excel in SQL Assist giving "Wrong number of data values in record 1."

Hi All

Iam trying to import data from excel (.CSV) to teradata through import option. The file has around 20,000 records. When I do a sample insert with another file having 5 rows its getting inserted but when I do the same with full file its giving me "Wrong number of data values in record 1." Could anyone please suggest what is the mistake I am doing.

2 REPLIES
Junior Contributor

Re: Importing from Excel in SQL Assist giving "Wrong number of data values in record 1."

Is there a header row in the file?

Check Tools -> Options -> Import -> Ignore the first recordin the input file (Skip Header)

Or is the delimiter also found within the data?

Fan

Re: Importing from Excel in SQL Assist giving "Wrong number of data values in record 1."

Hi Dieter,

There is a row header and I did check the skip header option and I am not sure if the delimiter is there in data(it was a comma delimited file.)

So, I made teh file tab delimited and removed the header completely and the file loaded got loaded.

Thanks so much for your response Dieter.