Informatica/ Teradata INSERT Access WITH GRANT Issue while Loading

General
Teradata Employee

Informatica/ Teradata INSERT Access WITH GRANT Issue while Loading

Hi all,

i am trying to load data in my database using informatica but getting the error that is placed below:

Execute Direct -- [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] An owner referenced by user does not have INSERT WITH GRANT OPTION access to BATABASE_NAME.TABLE_NAME.ID.Unable to get catalog string.

I have also given the insert access but still unable to load and getting the same issue

Is anyone faced the issue like this? Need help

Waiting for your reponses

Regards

Aamir Hussain

3 REPLIES
Fan

Re: Informatica/ Teradata INSERT Access WITH GRANT Issue while Loading

Hi Aamir, pls find below some information from informatica KB.See if it help.

"TPTWR_3523 : [ERROR] Type:(Teradata DBS Error), Error: RDBMS error 3523: An owner referenced by user does not have INSERT WITH GRANT OPTION access" Teradata Parallel Transporter TPT session using Stream Operator overriding Macro database

When writing to two different databases using the Stream Operator -- i.e. the Working/Target database differs from the database used for Log/Error Tables and Macros -- you receive the following error in your session log:

TPTWR_3523 : [ERROR] Type:(Teradata DBS Error), Error: ()

The following error is in the TD_OPER trace file (set to TD_OPER_ALL):

**** 19:14:54 Instance  1: RDBMS error 3523: An owner referenced by user does not have INSERT WITH GRANT OPTION access to db2.MENU_ITEM_FIXED_PERIOD_TOTAL.

Cause

This is caused by insufficient permissions on the macro created (on the overridden Macro Database) which is trying to execute onto the Working Database where target data is written.

Solution        

To resolve this issue, override the Macro database to be the same as the Working Database (Target Database)."

Teradata Employee

Or just GRANT INSERT ON target database or table TO macro database WITH GRANT OPTION.

Enthusiast

Hi,

I am facing the same issue using TPT Stream Operator, The error message is:

TPT10508: RDBMS error 5315: An owner referenced by user does not have INSERT WITH GRANT OPTION access to 

BATABASE_NAME.TABLE_NAME.COLUMN_NAME

I have given the required access rights but still unable to execute it, is there anything else I need to do? Please help

Khurram

Khurram