Logon errors difference

General
Junior Supporter

Logon errors difference

Hi,

When do you get error : "userid, password or account is invalid" and when do you error "User id is locked" while loggin in to Teradata.

4 REPLIES
WAQ
Enthusiast

Re: Logon errors difference

I think the first one is referring to invalid username or password input by the user while later is referring that account has locked and needs to be unlocked.

Junior Supporter

Waq,

I tied to logon to TD after my id was locked due to wrong passwords for 3 times. Still i get 'userid, password or account is invalid' and not "User id is locked"

Enthusiast

If your UserID is unlocked and you are still getting 'userid, password or account is invalid', this means you are not logging in with your correct credentials. Reconfirm from DBA that the userid and password you are using are correct!

Junior Supporter

Hi Qaisar, I myself am the dba :-).

That's why i wonder do we ever get a: User id is locked error. I locked my id by logging in with right id and wrong password for 3 times. My id got locked. Then when i tried to login with my correct id and correct pass, it gave me error userid, password or account is invalid, while i expected :User id is locked.

That's what i wonder, do we ever get :User id is locked