MVC Tool

General
Enthusiast

MVC Tool

Hi Guys,

Can you please provide the MVC tool? Is it possible to download it from any website?

Thanks.

14 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: MVC Tool

What do you mean by MVC tool? If you are talking about Teradata Multi Value Compression, then you only have to define the Compression values in the Column definition which you want to compress and Teradata will handle it automatically.

Khurram
Teradata Employee

Hi Omar,

you can try to find a tool written by a teradata colleague. The name of the tool il TSlam. You can search it in teradata intranet.

regards,

Pietro.

Enthusiast

Hi Pietro,

I am not able to access that  MVC tool. Can you please send it to my personal mail id:- uel.omar@gmail.com. Please help me if you can.

Thanks and Regards

Enthusiast

Hi,

I would recommend PRISE Compress Wizard to optimize MVC on a regular basis.

About the product: http://www.prisetools.com/products/compress-wizard

You can request your evaluation copy here : https://www.prisetools.com/product-request

You can also check out the other products to handle the statistics related and query optimization tasks easily.

Enthusiast

Did you try to find  tool called "WinMVC" (developed by GCC folks)? This was Teradata GCC Pakistan development effort and it is internal asset. So this won't be available for externals.

By the way, this was developed long way back. I am not sure how much this would be fruitful for you. 

Enthusiast

Atanasuite is a good one, but requires license.

Enthusiast

Hi,

In PRISE Compress Wizard it does give exact output in Excel Sheet on the Columns which can which are to be compressed or like it does not provide any recommendation on the columns to be compressed. Can you please suggest a better tool for compression.

One more question, how can I go for buying the license key of Atanasuite, please provide any link for buying the tool.

Thanks and Regards,

Enthusiast

Hi,

I m just trying to evaluate the tools both(Prise and Atanasuite) if time permits. I dont know when I will get the download. I dont know if they covers all types of compressions (ALC,BLC,temperature-based,MVC)and consider all business cases.

We compress only if there is a need for those tables.

Yes, it is a pain if it does not recommend on the columns, because if we have tables with many columns and on top of that many tables , then it is cumbersome. Only those who work will know the pain.

Cheers,

Raja

Enthusiast