.Net Data Provider for Teradata installation issue

General

.Net Data Provider for Teradata installation issue

Hi
We tried to install the ".Net Data Provider for Teradata" version 15.11.0.4 on our production machine which is on Windows 2008 R2. After the installation the machine.config in the .Net Framework folder(C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config) was not getting updated. When I install the same driver in my home pc and my office pc, it is updating the factoris setting on the machine.config. We have not restarted the server yet, bcz it is production server. Even restarting may not help since the DbProviderFactories in the machine.config was not updated.I may be wrong. Did any one encounter in this issue. what could be the issue here? What i need to do now?

1 REPLY

Re: .Net Data Provider for Teradata installation issue

Here is the exception thrown by the installer from installxxxxx.log file. Can any one please help? 

=================================================================

Location of InstallUtil.exe: cmd /C C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe
Commandline to execute: /install /VSIntegration=no /MachineConfig=yes /InstallPath="NULL" "C:\Users\ADM_ABCD\AppData\Local\Temp\{B0C17288-4060-4958-A96B-0E6613DD3E91}\Teradata.Client.Provider.Install.dll"
Return code from call to InstallUtil: -1
InstallUtil log
Installing assembly 'C:\Users\ADM_ABCD\AppData\Local\Temp\{B0C17288-4060-4958-A96B-0E6613DD3E91}\Teradata.Client.Provider.Install.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
assemblypath = C:\Users\ADM_ABCD\AppData\Local\Temp\{B0C17288-4060-4958-A96B-0E6613DD3E91}\Teradata.Client.Provider.Install.dll
logtoconsole =
machineconfig = yes
vsintegration = no
installpath = NULL
install =
logfile = C:\Users\ADM_ABCD\AppData\Local\Temp\{B0C17288-4060-4958-A96B-0E6613DD3E91}\Teradata.Client.Provider.Install.InstallLog
Unable to create an instance of the Teradata.Client.Provider.Install.TdInstaller installer type.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
The inner exception System.Configuration.Install.InstallException was thrown with the following error message: Installation of the performance counters failed..
The inner exception System.InvalidOperationException was thrown with the following error message: Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry..
Rolling back assembly 'C:\Users\ADM_ABCD\AppData\Local\Temp\{B0C17288-4060-4958-A96B-0E6613DD3E91}\Teradata.Client.Provider.Install.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
assemblypath = C:\Users\ADM_ABCD\AppData\Local\Temp\{B0C17288-4060-4958-A96B-0E6613DD3E91}\Teradata.Client.Provider.Install.dll
logtoconsole =
machineconfig = yes
vsintegration = no
installpath = NULL
install =
logfile = C:\Users\ADM_ABCD\AppData\Local\Temp\{B0C17288-4060-4958-A96B-0E6613DD3E91}\Teradata.Client.Provider.Install.InstallLog
Unable to create an instance of the Teradata.Client.Provider.Install.TdInstaller installer type.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
The inner exception System.Configuration.Install.InstallException was thrown with the following error message: Installation of the performance counters failed..
The inner exception System.InvalidOperationException was thrown with the following error message: Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry..