Posting topics into the correct forum

General
Fan

Re: Posting topics into the correct forum

I have a SCD2 loading requirement which has to be done for some 50-60 tables.source table,target table & Surrogate Key column has to be parameterized.The sample output will look like as follows:

s_key col1 effective_from_date effective_to_date recent_flag
100 abc 1/1/2015 12/31/9999 1
200 xyz 1/1/2015 1/7/2015 0
200 xyzabc 2/7/2015 12/31/9999 1

For update logic is

Select (sysdate - 1) as effective_to_date,
0 as recent_flag ,
B.
From A [Argument 2] ,
B [Argument 1]
WHERE A.< Surrogate Key > = B.< Surrogate Key > [Argument 3]
AND B.recent_flag =1;

Please let me know how can I pass table names in the above code as a parameter.
Fan

I need to load data from Oracle table to Teradata table.Please let me know the options.

Thanks in advance.

Enthusiast

My source data is in Oracle and target data is in Teradata.Can you please provide me the easy and quick way to validate data .There are 500 tables

Enthusiast

I guess you can use TPT . In TPT, temporarily load data from oracle to teradata and with in same script, compare the temp table and corresponding teradata table, export results into an output file and drop the temptable which was loaded with oracle data. 

You can pass the table name as parameters throug unix shell script and rotate the loop till end of the paramters in the while loop of shell.

Enthusiast

My SOurce Data is in oracle and Target is in Teradata.Can you please provide me easy and quick way to validate Records between oracle and Teradata.There are 500 Tables.

For the following relation schema: 

employee(employee-name, street, city) 

works(employee-name, company-name, salary) 

company(company-name, city) 

manages(employee-name, manager-name)

a) Find the names, street address, and cities of residence for all employees who work for 'First Bank Corporation' and earn more than $10,000.

b) Find the names of all employees in the database who live in the same cities as the companies for which they work.

c) Find the names of all employees in the database who live in the same cities and on the same streets as do their managers.

d) Find the names of all employees in the database who earn more than every employee of 'Small Bank Corporation'

e) Assume that the companies may be located in several cities. Find all companies located in every city in which 'Small Bank Corporation' is located.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hi, Please help me Provide a list of Users that have not used their Viewpoint accounts for more than 90 days