Posting topics into the correct forum

General
Teradata Employee

Posting topics into the correct forum

As the volume of traffic on Teradata Forums increases, we're seeing more instances of topics being posted into the wrong forum. To combat this, forum moderators now have the ability to move topics into a more appropriate forum. If a topic you created (or commented upon) is moved, you will be sent an email with the new URL. But prevention is better than cure, so we ask that users please consider which forum is most appropriate *before* posting a new topic. Some of the forums are self-explanatory (Jobs, Training etc), but there seems to be confusion with some of the following:
  • General: For general discussion of Teradata; Teradata websites (including these forums, Teradata Developer Exchange, Teradata.com etc); strategy; general development topics, and topics that don't belong in any of the other forums. Do not post "general" SQL or database questions here; these belong in the Database forum.
  • Database: SQL questions. Query optimization questions. Performance issues. Most of your general-purpose database questions belong in here. Do not post issues related to Connectivity (JDBC, ODBC etc), Tools (SQL Assistant etc), or Enterprise-class features such as Data Mover, TMSM, TASM.
  • Enterprise: Teradata enterprise-level features and products: fallback; journaling; backup; Dual Active; TASM; TRS; Data Mover, etc.
  • Connectivity: JDBC, ODBC, .NET Provider etc. Everything to do with connecting to the database.
  • Extensibility: If you have questions about UDFs, this is the place. Also, Map-Reduce / Hadoop and Geospatial.
  • Cloud Computing: Teradata Express for VMware and Amazon EC2, and the Elastic Marts Builder portlets.
Also, if you haven't done it in a while, please review the general posting guidelines. It'll only take a moment.

Questions, thoughts?
Tags (1)
26 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Posting topics into the correct forum

Hi any one help on this

question

I am working on TD13 trial version….

CREATE SET TABLE tduser.jn1_emp ,NO FALLBACK ,

NO BEFORE JOURNAL,

NO AFTER JOURNAL,

CHECKSUM = DEFAULT

(

emp_no INTEGER,

emp_loc varchar(12))

Unique PRIMARY INDEX ( emp_no );

Insert into tduser.jn1_emp(1,’hyd’);

Insert into tduser.jn1_emp(2,’bang’);

Insert into tduser.jn1_emp(3,’visak’);

Collect stats on tduser.jn1_emp index(emp_no);

CREATE SET TABLE tduser.jn2_emp ,NO FALLBACK ,

NO BEFORE JOURNAL,

NO AFTER JOURNAL,

CHECKSUM = DEFAULT

(

pme_no INTEGER,

emp_name varchar(12))

Unique PRIMARY INDEX ( pme_no );

Insert into tduser.jn2_emp(1,’raj’);

Insert into tduser.jn2_emp(2,’ravi’);

Insert into tduser.jn2_emp(4,’kishore’);

Collect stats on tduser.jn2_emp index(pme_no);

If I am trying to execute the following it is giving “low confidence” in the explain plan.can anybody suggest how to make it to “high confidence”

Explain sel * from tduser.jn1_emp, tduser.jn2_emp

Where emp_no = pme_no

Enthusiast

HI All,

I need a small calrification on why my SQl is not giving me subtotals in the Answer Set when I run a query in Teradata SQL Assisstant.

I have used thw WITH .. BY clause in my SQL and still I am facing issue.Could some one help me on this..

Thanks in advance.

Enthusiast

You should be able to see the results in BTEQ output, SQLA are limited to only showing peoper table format results. Subtotals adds additional rows with limited contents only and thus are skipped by SQLA.

Not sure if the newer versions of the SQLA have this capability now or not!

To test your results, you can write a BTEQ script output in file.

Enthusiast

Hi,

I have used a BTEQ Script and exported the data to CSV file, but what happens is all the columns are being displayed in only one column in the excel. Is there any way, by which I can get the data in seperate columns and in correct format. Below is the script template i used.Could you please suggest something

.SESSIONS 1 

.SET SESSION TRANSACTION BTET;

.SET ERROROUT STDOUT ; 

.LOGON hw41,hw41

.EXPORT RESET;

.export report file='c:\us1.csv';

.SET RECORDMODE OFF; 

.SET FORMAT OFF ; 

.SET TITLEDASHES OFF; 

.SET SEPARATOR ' ' ; 

.SET WIDTH 500;

----- MY Query ------

.exit

Teradata Employee

Guess you didnt read what Neil wrote above.

Enthusiast

I did not get what you exectly meant, Is it that I have posted in wrong forum..If so, am sorry but as I was not sure where to put my question I just came to this "GENERAL" forum...

Fan

In teradata

How to select non printable characters without any space?

How to Trim non Printable characters?

Regards,

WAQ
Enthusiast

- General SQL and database question goes under "Database" section.

- Always start a new thread to get your question answered instead of using the existing thread.

First we have to check whether posting a forum site is good for our topic or whatever else?