I need to connect Teradata database through ODBC connection in Tableau. For this requirement, I have installed below software.
1) Tableau Desktop
2) JDK 1.8
3) Teradata Studio Express 16.0
4) Teradata ODBC Driver
My Queries are,
1) Is it possible to create Teradata database using Teradata Studio Express? If yes means, Please provide steps?
2) How to ensure service is running for Teradata database server?
3) I think, need to run service for Teradata Studio Express to connect database throgh ODBC Driver. Is it correct?
4) Is it need to install Teradata Express for VMware Player?
Note: I am using windows platform.
Teradata Studio (full or Express) is just a client tool.
You need Teradata Express for VMware player (which means you also need some flavor of VMware - free Workstation Player will do). There is no native "service" - you have to launch the virtual machine image, and connect to that. See the associated documentation.
For this, If i am having windows 10 32 bits, what is the recoomendation to install the Teradata Express and VM ?
It seems VM is just available to 64-bit windows version, am i right ?