Release MLOAD lock Using Informatica

General

Release MLOAD lock Using Informatica

Hi All

We are using Informatica TPT mload to load data to Table.  I understand If the mload fails we need to "release mload lock on table".

I understand "release mload" command can be invoked only from BTEQ mode and its not working if use the "release mload" command in pre/post SQL that has TPT mload connections.

Is there any way that we can release mload using Informatica, if so , pls let me know how

Thanks

Sriveedam

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Release MLOAD lock Using Informatica

I think in informatica calling unix script,should be there, like  a sort of your restartability. One way maybe you can code in your pre-etl job, to check this calling, a unix script. In  Ab Initio [run program]and SAP DS we can have component calling say unix script. That unix script can login to DB and do stuffs we want. You can leave this if it does not serve your purpose.

To be honest,I don't have much idea  in tpt. However, I can see that you can call OS command from there

/windows code/

DEFINE JOB File_Backup

DESCRIPTION 'Backs up a load file.'

(

DEFINE OPERATOR OS_Operator

DESCRIPTION 'OS command which backs up a data file.'

TYPE OS COMMAND

ATTRIBUTES (

VARCHAR OsCmd = 'copy C:\TEMP\emp_binary.txt

C:\Data_Backup\emp_binary_backup.txt',

VARCHAR IgnoreError = 'N');

APPLY TO OPERATOR (OS_Operator););

Please let me know if it helps you.

Cheers,

Raja

Good Morning,

I'm trying to write a Stored Procedure with RELEASE MLOAD statement, like that:

CREATE PROCEDURE DWH_STAGE.PRC_RELEASES()

BEGIN

RELEASE MLOAD DWH_DATA.ACCESS_DEVICE_FEATURE IN APPLY;

END

When I execute that script there is an error: "SPL1027:E(L3), Missing/Invalid SQL statement'E(3706):Syntax error: expected something between the 'RELEASE' keyword and the 'MLOAD' keyword.'."

Can you help me to find out the way to introduce into a stored procedure a RELEASE MLOAD statement?.

Thanks for your colaboration.

Teradata Employee

RELEASE MLOAD is a Teradata SQL statement that is recognized by BTEQ and Teradata MultiLoad, hence it might not be supported in SP.