Samples database and create database

General

Samples database and create database

Hi All,

1)    I have succesfully installed teradata 14 on vmware as I was able to access dbc database from sql assistant on windows manchine.My question how can I create a new database where I can create my own sample tables and views.

2) how can I use "samples" database what would be the default username and pasword as for dbc database it is username dbc and password is dbc .

Thanks in advance .

Thanks,

Sundeep.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Samples database and create database

Sundeep,

It is quite simple, once you are logged in as DBC user, you can access all the databasees below it in hirarchy. DBC is the most powerfull user in Teradata. Further there is a database named samples, you can use it for practice purposes. You can consult the following URL to learn how to create a database or user:

http://www.info.teradata.com/htmlpubs/DB_TTU_14_00/index.html#page/SQL_Reference/B035_1144_111A/Crea...

Khurram
Enthusiast

Re: Samples database and create database

Hi Sandeep,

I log with dbc username/pwd . There are few databases like retail etc and tables like itemppi etc. You can use

-select tablename from dbc.tables where databasename='retail' say.  For testing, I create my own database too like

(Please remove and add what is necessary. It is just a sample) :

CREATE DATABASE sandeep FROM

--<your_parent_db>

AS PERMANENT = 40000000,

SPOOL = 40000000,

FALLBACK PROTECTION,

AFTER JOURNAL,

BEFORE JOURNAL,

--DEFAULT JOURNAL TABLE = retail.journals,

--ACCOUNT = 'ACCTG';

Cheers,