Script to check all the objects that are using a particular table/view in teradata

General
Fan

Script to check all the objects that are using a particular table/view in teradata

Hi,

I wish to know if there is a script that i can create, in any possible platform , that will help me identify all the database objects( procedures, tables, macros, etc) that are making use of a particular object(i.e, table/view) .

For example if suppose I have a database of containing 100 procedures, 150 tables etc and I want to identify every object that has used employee table in its definition.

Please help with the same. 

Thanks in advance 

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES
Junior Contributor

Re: Script to check all the objects that are using a particular table/view in teradata

Without proper metadata management this is almost impossible.

See @ulrich's

http://developer.teradata.com/blog/ulrich/2011/11/extract-and-analyse-database-object-dependencies

for relating Tables, Views and Macros, but for Stored Procedure you must export SHOW statements and 

Fan

Re: Script to check all the objects that are using a particular table/view in teradata

I am new to teradata, thanks a lot for the reference link. Can you please give a little detail , as in, what do you mean when you say proper data management.

The data that is available to me is quite well organized 

main database >

sub_database1

sub_database2

sub_database3 > 

meta

work

views 

target

and so on....