Stats manager in view point

General

Stats manager in view point

Hi,

Iam trying to create a new analyze job in stats manager in view point.

Iam not able to view the database tree in view point.Can someone tell me what is the reason?

Iam getting no matches like below.Can someone tell what access Iam missing. In Teradata administrator Iam able to see the database tree with database and tables.

2 REPLIES

Re: Stats manager in view point

Did you enable AutoStats feature ? which version are you in?

My understanding is , you are in 14.10 or higher version.

YOu need to enable AutoStats feature in 14.10 or higher version. and coming to your question, We enabled Autostats on Sandbox by enabling it and i am able to see teh databases during the creation of the analyze job. I can assist you if you provide me the more details.

Re: Stats manager in view point

Hi,

how to enable Autostats feature . We are in 14.10 .We have set  NoDot0Backdown = TRUE  in the control file.

Currently I created few Analyze jobs in stats manager for databases I enabled use count logging. The analyze job is running for a long time without giving any recommendations.

But when I checked the statsusecountv table there are many columns which are  not accessed by any query but we are collecting stats on them.

so the report from stats manager should give the columns which are not getting accessed under deactivate tab.But we are not getting any recommendations.

Can someone help ? did anone encounter the same issue?