Suggestion for a new Forum?

General
Enthusiast

Suggestion for a new Forum?

Would a forum topic to cover Performance management and capacity planning for Teradata systems be useful?

I think its a topic on its own.

How do other users manage and monitor and measure the perfomance of their databases?
How do you capacity plan?
How do you prove that performance is being maintained and or improved?
How do you record the activity and use of TASM queues etc?
7 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Suggestion for a new Forum?

@Random_Thought That's actually a good idea. Since we only launched the forums this week, I think I want to wait a couple of weeks and collect any other suggestions people have, before deciding which new forums to open. There's not point in rushing into anything!

In the meantime, you could start posting those sorts of topics in the Database forum. We can always move the topics into a new forum if/when we open it.
Enthusiast

As a newbie to Teradata, I would add a forum for newbie questions.
Enthusiast

Neil, I think we need a forum for the Teradata Masters. Let's get them off of that email list...
Enthusiast

I suggest to give some place to RFID issues and projects. A quick search across the Teradata forums gave nothing...
Enthusiast

@LUCAS That sounds like a great topic for an article. Would you be interested in contributing one?
Enthusiast

@Lucky Sorry, i have no experience in RFID, but a lot of interest since i work in retail business ...
Teradata Employee

@MadMac I like your idea for the Teradata Masters forum. As lucky alluded too, we'll keep the suggestions coming for a few more weeks, and then come up with the masterplan.