Teradata Express - VMWare 1TB version 13.10 - Unable to ping the Vminstance from any of the clients other than the host machine

General

Teradata Express - VMWare 1TB version 13.10 - Unable to ping the Vminstance from any of the clients other than the host machine

Hi,
I have installed "Teradata Express - VMWare 1TB version 13.10" on a windows Xp with service pack 3 and I am able to ping and also able to connect to the instance(Using Bteq) from my host machine.But when I am trying to ping the Suse instance from other clients on the network I am unable to ping the server it says Request timed out,where as I am able to ping the client machines from Suse server with out any problem.Is there any configuration I need to setup to resolve this ?

Note: I have disabled the firewalls on all the machines.

Thanks,
Chaitanya.Amudalapalli
1 REPLY
N/A

Re: Teradata Express - VMWare 1TB version 13.10 - Unable to ping the Vminstance from any of the clients other than the host machine

Check your network configuration in VMWare for that image. I think the default is NAT which allows the image to connect out but only the host can get in without some sort of port forwarding. You can try to change it to bridged which should give the VM instance a distinct IP address on the same subnet as your host.