Teradata Express tbuild Error

General

Teradata Express tbuild Error

Hi everyone. Thank you for the effort you put into the Teradata message forums, it is greatly appreciated. While I know Teradata express is not supported, I have ran into an obstacle and thought someone may be familar with it, the information is below. If anyone else has had similar issues or can contribute ideas I would be grateful. I have reviewed all information including a similar error in the forums history. Also if this is not the correct place for this request please let me know and I will repost to the correct place. 

I downloaded the Teradata Express 15.00.02.08 SLES 10 for VMWare (40GB) w/Viewpoint, and had no issues running it in my VM. I am able to use BTEQ and tdload as expected, but build generates the following error:

Teradata Parallel Transporter Version 15.00.00.04 64-Bit

Job log: /opt/teradata/client/15.00/tbuild/logs/root-3.out

Job id is root-3, running on TDExpress150002

Teradata Parallel Transporter SQL DDL Operator Version 15.00.00.04

$DDL: private log not specified

$DDL: connecting sessions

$DDL: TPT10507: CLI Error 235: MTDP: EM_GSSINITFAIL(235): call to gss_init failed. Failure No credentials cache found

$DDL: Total processor time used = '0.01 Second(s)'

$DDL: Start : Fri Aug 28 14:31:42 2015

$DDL: End   : Fri Aug 28 14:31:42 2015

Job step MAIN_STEP terminated (status 12)

Job root terminated (status 12)

Here are the things I have tried:

1. Downloaded Teradata versions 15.00.02.08 and 14.10.00.02 (I noticed that version 14 used 32 bit libraries, while version 15 used 64 bit)

2. I found some other forum entires mention the issue could be a 64 bit build referencing 32 bit libraries. So I set  LD_LIBRARY_PATH to only reference 64 bit library paths in version 15.

3. Verified the user, password and database exist and are correct.

Any suggestions or constructive comments are appreciated. Thanks again.

1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Express tbuild Error

I would try with other VM image than 40GB one.

HTH!